Monday, January 19, 2009

Jacob's on the Move




Jacob, apparently unsatisfied with life on his back, has decided to make a move. He rolled! The first time we discovered him on his belly we wondered if it was a fluke, but over the last few days, each time he was placed on his back he would end up on his tummy. At 2 1/2 months, he has achieved this milestone earlier than any of his siblings who were each between three and four months.
Because the bassinet does not provide enough space to safely complete a roll, this event has also led to a move of another sort: the one from the bassinet next to our bed to a crib in his own room.
Baby Jacob is a joy in our lives. We love his sweet smiles and his growing interest in all of the hustle and bustle around him. We are treasuring each moment he is small, for we know how fast babies grow.

6 comments:

Jake said...

I think I understand some of Peter's (cousin) affection for you son because I find myself very interested in your posts about this new one. He is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I love how you have this captured via photo!!

Cholesterol man said...

Way to go Jacob! Love your baby quilt too. Sorry you guys didn't get much snow. It has been so nice to have some to play in. It's still on the ground if you want to come over for a snowball fight : )

Kelly said...

Whoops! I was signed in under my son's account. The above comment was really from Kelly.

Lissa said...

I can't believe you guys have 5 kids! Congrats on the new baby! Looks like you will be having another one, abby hasn't gotten her sister yet! what a cutie pie! I am so glad for blogs, it makes keeping up with people nice and easy!

Ali said...

He is absolutely adorable! I love the laugh--it's like he actually knows just how smart he is. :)