Sunday, July 20, 2008

Overdue Willis Update

So ... we've fallen behind a bit on the blogging front. I began several posts that I never finished. Others I never even started -- although I thought about it. In any case, it is now more than three months since spring break with nary a peep from "The Willis Way."

Today, the situation is rectified, at least somewhat.

Below is a reverse-chronological, mostly pictoral, update of Willis family happenings over the last 3+ months. (Of course, it ends at the 4th of July -- always behind...)

Fourth of July


Abby, Alex, Pete, Ben, and cousin Anika


Kids and cousins playing on slip and slide at neighbor's house during our cul-de-sac's annual Fourth of July party (the entire extended Willis family was present).




Trip to Utah

Camping, boating, and fishing at Strawberry Resevoir with Grandpa Kelly, Jen's uncle Brent and cousin Justin





Hiking to (and through) Timpanogos Cave with Grandma and Grandpa Kelly



The annual (or so) BYU pilgrammage

Salt Lake City's Liberty Park





Visit to the Hill AFB Air and Space Museum and picture at Great Grandma and Grandpa Kelly's house




The marriage of Sean (Jen's brother) and the now Jennifer Anne Kelly (which also happens to be Jen's full maiden name) at the Salt Lake temple -- on our 10th Wedding Anniversary







Abbigail's 8th Birthday and Baptism




Abby Dance/Music Recitals

Father-Son Campout

(I borrowed the truck from a friend -- but Ben to this day thinks it's mine. One day...)

Alex Baseball


Alex's 6th Birthday









Ben's 2nd Birthday



Easter



5 comments:

Josiah said...

Grant! Good to see you're still alive and posting. The Fam looks great and it looks like you guys are always up to something fun. I'm sure Baptizing Abby was absolutely awesome for you. Rylie's batism last year was a feeling like no other for me.
I need to call you some time to catch up, and Ethan was asking me a few weeks ago if I can get Matt's # for him.
Hi to Jen, talk to you soon.

Cami said...

Jen, Sorry I missed you when you came to Utah. I went out of town the day after Rich saw you at the pool. Call or email me next time you're here so we can get together.

Charlotte said...

Remember when we hiked to and through the Timpanogus cave during one of the Willis reunions?

I haven't been back yet.

I can't believe that my east coast cousin beat me, a Northern Utahn, back to Timpanogus Cave.

(Of course, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that I've seen the Statue of Liberty since you-I saw it November of 2005. You?)

Liz said...

Good to see what you have been up to. You all look great and the kids are just getting bigger and bigger.

Coby, Kristal and Oliver said...

I was laughing so hard when I saw those photos of the slip-and-slide! I miss you guys!